Between Con of Champions, Virtual Gaming Con, and the demos formerly known as Origins, more people have been playing Deck of Wonders than ever before! I'm a freak for tracking statistics, and I thought it might be fun to share some insights:
- 35 different people played Deck of Wonders across the virtual cons, which is WAY more than I would have guessed when I sat down to write this! So many, in fact, that we blew past the milestone of 300 games tracked for Deck of Wonders!
- 11 people of those 35 managed to win, putting the win rate just below my target of one in three. Almost all were first time players, though, so you should feel pretty good about your rate of success given the circumstances.
- When players lost, Cullin (the Villain) had an average of 21 health remaining. In the tightest game, a player got Cullin all the way down to 4 health before succumbing! 😭
- For the first time in Deck of Wonders playtesting history, a game went long enough that the deck needed to be reshuffled twice! (It ended moments after.) Even better: I had loudly announced earlier in that session that the game never goes through the deck more than once.
- As of this writing, the Kickstarter coming soon page for Deck of Wonders has grown to over 250 followers! Clearly word can get around even when con season goes virtual. I'm so incredibly grateful for every person who's given Deck of Wonders their attention, and I'm so excited to share more of the game with you!
- We have 24 demo events scheduled during Gen Con Online (July 30 – August 2)! You'll be the first to know when event signups go live, and I hope to see you there!
Click here to back Deck of Wonders on Kickstarter!